One of the coolest things about shisha is that you can completely customize it by mixing and matching flavors. You can treat your hookah bowl like a kitchen, and you're the chef - the Paula Deen of shisha recipes, if you will. Finding that perfect mix of this flavor and that flavor, adding a dash here and a pinch there - it can be a very rewarding and tasty experience.
Now, you may be thinking, "I would love to be the Paula Deen of hookah tobacco, but where do I start? What are some good examples?" Well, look no further than our list of top 10 favorite shisha mixes (in no particular order).
2. Fumari Blueberry Muffin + Romman Vanilla - The first of several mixes on this list incorporating Fumari shisha. A 50/50 blend will give you a creamy and fruity masterpiece of flavor. Blueberry Muffin has a very sweet, almost pie-like flavor that is smoothed out by the Vanilla for a truly delectable treat.
4. Cola Float - This refreshing mix is perfect for summertime. Romman Cola, Al Fakher Vanilla. Start with a 60% Cola/40% Vanilla ratio and adjust according to your tastes. For a lime-cola twist, try using Tangiers Ololiuqui instead of the Romman Cola. You can also sub Starbuzz Classic Cola for the Romman.
6. Al Fakher Rose + Al Fakher Lemon - Wait! Don't let the Rose scare you away. Make a 50/50 mix of these Al Fakher flavors and you end up with a taste surprisingly close to Skittles or Fruit Loops. You can use more Lemon if you're afraid of the Rose, but trust us, somehow this blend magically turns the floral into the fruity.
7. Al Fakher Watermelon + Al Fakher Mint - A mild, sweet flavor that makes for a very relaxing hookah session. Not overwhelmingly sweet, and just the right amount of minty freshness. Al Fakher Mint is famed for its versatility, and this mix really shows off how well it mixes with other flavors. 50/50 mix. Sure, Al Fakher also produces a pre-mixed Watermelon Mint flavor, but why not mix it yourself and play with the balance and flavor levels? You're the chef here, after all.
8. Fumari Mint Chocolate Chill + Fumari Mandarin Zest - Sweet, minty, and juicy, this blend makes a perfect dessert...or midnight snack...or breakfast...just smoke it anytime, it's delicious. A 50/50 mix will work just fine, but the Mint Chocolate Chill is pretty strong, so you can bump it down to 1 part Mint Chocolate Chill/3 parts Mandarin Zest if you want more of the citrus flavor to come through.